What happens then? How can you learn to spend quality time with yourself?
Here are 25 options:
1. Spend some quality time with your children and/or pets.
2. Take a long walk, slowly.
3. Pleasure read.
4. Listen to good music just because it's good music.
5. Create. (paint, sculpt, write, craft, quilt, whatever).
7. Play a sport.
8. Pray or attend church.
9. Have a picnic in the local park. Eat slowly.
10. Call your mom and/or dad.
11. Sit on the patio. Listen to the birds. Watch the clouds. Sip your coffee.
12. Eat an excellent meal mindfully.
13. Go to the gym.
14. Get a mani, pedi, or massage.*
15. Sit quietly.
16. Visit the beach or mountains.
17. Take a long, hot bubble bath.*
18. Hang out with a friend. Converse deeply. Laugh a lot.
19. Do something nice for someone.
20. Cross something off your To-Do list (without actually doing it).
21. Get a little extra sleep.
22. Practice gratitude.
23. Stretch or do yoga.
24. Accept whatever you're feeling as okay.
25. Forgive yourself.
This is hardly an exhaustive list, but I hope it will get you started. I know several people who set aside time for themselves, but then are lost in terms of what to actually do. If you happen to know anyone like that, please give them this list.
Enjoy taking care of yourself. Remember: You deserve it. TZT
* For my bros: These are great options! Don't knock it 'til you've tried it!